We recognize that every woman has unique needs and concerns. We strive to help you flourish through all the stages in your life from the first GYN exam all the way through menopause. Comprehensive gynecological care includes meeting with our physicians to discuss:
- Get more information about Pelvic Floor Rehabilitation (PFR) which is a personalized program designed to help those with bladder problems regain control. The program consists of muscle stimulation, pelvic floor muscle exercises, bladder retraining, and dietary changes.
- Information on sexually transmitted diseases from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
- Find the risk factors for breast cancer from Myriad and calculate your breast cancer risk.
- Helpful information about Fibocystic Breast Disease from Dr. Amie Napier.
- Learn about Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome from the US Department of Health and Human Services.
- Important questions to ask yourself concerning domestic violence from the American College of Obstetricians & Gynecologists.
- Learn about your treatment options and the advantages of using HerOption® from American Medical Systems for those suffering from excessive menstrual bleeding.
Birth Control Options
Family planning is very important. When you are considering your options and would like to consult with a doctor or nurse practitioner, call us at 214-238-7888 and we will assist you in making the decision that is right for you. You have many choices that may be confusing at times. Let us provide you with the information which will enable you to make an informed decision. Some of your choices are:
- Learn about menopause and hormone replacement therapy and find common symptoms of menopause and the relief of these symptoms.
- Find out more about BioTe and how optimized hormones can significantly reduce the risk of serious health problems including osteoporosis, Alzheimer’s Disease, heart disease and diabetes.
- Handouts from The Female Patient®
What You Should Know About Uterine Fibroids (en Español)
What You Should Know About Hysterectomy
What You Should Know About Vaginal Atrophy (en Español)
A mammogram is an x-ray examination of the breasts, used to detect and diagnose breast diseases. A woman’s chance of developing cancer in her lifetime is 1 in 8. A new breast cancer patient is diagnosed every 2.5 minutes. Over 2 million breast cancer survivors are alive in the US today. The American Cancer Society recommends that all women have a baseline screening mammogram between the ages of 35 and 40. Beginning at the age of 40, women should have an annual screening mammogram. While having a mammogram you may experience some discomfort for a brief time during each x-ray, but it should not be painful. Mammography is the best tool in early detection of breast cancer giving patients a much better chance of survival and leading a long, productive life. Early detection saves lives. Advanced Women’s Healthcare partners with Solis Mammography for all our patient mammogram needs. If it is time for your annual mammogram, you may call Solis Mammography to schedule an appointment at 866-717-2551 or online at solismammo.com. The closest Solis Mammography facility to our office is located right here at Medical City Dallas. To find other Solis locations, visit solismammo.com.
Medical Records Requests
If you are requesting that AWH either sends or receives records for you, we will need a signed medical record release form prior to processing. Once completed, the release from can be faxed to 972-573-0500. Processing medical records requests may take up to two weeks. Please be sure your release form is signed and all fields are complete and legible. This will help expedite the process. Medical Records Release Form »