COVID VACCINE RESOURCES
UPDATED JANUARY 22, 2021
Where to Get the COVID-19 Vaccination Near You
- Available COVID Vaccines in Texas
- Texas Department Of State Health Services: COVID-19 Vaccination Hub Providers
- Where to get the COVID-19 vaccine in Texas
COVID-19 Policy Information:
- We have resumed normal business hours.
- Lunch is from 12-1 p.m.
- There may be times during this period that phones will be rolled to the answering service.
- The office is open until 4:30 pm.
- All scheduled WWE (well women exams) will receive a text the morning of your appointment reminding you to stay in your vehicle and wait for our text. We will text you when your doctor is ready for you.
With optimism and hope, we are pleased to announce that we are accepting appointments for all types of visits at this time. If your well woman visit (annual exam) or your “non-essential” visit was canceled and/or rescheduled due to COVID-19, please call us so we can get you back on the books! The health and safety of our staff and patients remains our top priority, and we will continue to minimize risks with the following:
PATIENTS ONLY are allowed into the office. NO children/guests/spouses, etc.
Please feel free to video chat in your significant other and/or family members for special visits such as sonograms. We are happy to welcome these technologies into our office, and our doctors and staff will work hard to ensure your loved ones feel like they’re in the room for these moments.
MASKS REQUIRED for all patients.
Per the mandate, some type of nose/mouth covering must be worn in our building/office.
About WELL WOMAN Visits
We ask that you arrive at your appointment time and remain in your vehicle until you receive a text from us. This will minimize the amount of time in our waiting room for your safety.
For OB patients
You WILL BE TESTED for COVID-19 when you 1) present in labor or 2) are scheduled for an induction or c/section. Click here for more details. Labor & Delivery will be calling all scheduled patients to review protocol and schedule testing.
For GYN Surgeries
You WILL BE TESTED prior to your scheduled surgery date per the physicians. AWH surgery coordinator will contact all scheduled patients to review process.
COVID-19 screening questions:
- Have you traveled in the last 14 days?
- Have you had close contact with someone that has the Corona virus or could have been exposed to the virus?
- Have you had any of the following symptoms within the past 14 days:
- Fever, abdominal pain, diarrhea, shortness of breath, cough, headache, loss of smell and/or taste, runny nose, joint pain, vomiting, chills or congestion we ask that you cancel your appointment and call us to reschedule.
If you are pregnant and are experiencing any of the above symptoms, please call our office to discuss with your doctor. Thank you, Drs. Sigman, Napier, Heintges, Harms & Reyes
PREVIOUSLY GIVEN INFORMATION –––––––––
CALL YOUR SURGEON IMMEDIATELY IF YOU HAVE:
- Fever greater than 100.4
- Exposure to a COVID+ person *OR*
- Coughing or shortness of breath
ADDITIONAL WAYS WE ARE KEEPING YOU SAFE
- There is a designated entrance for the use of our PAT/surgical patients
- Patients at risk for COVID-19 are cared for in separate areas from other patients, with separate staff
COVID-19 Resources For Expectant Mothers
PDF: (New) Baby Postpartum Frequently Asked Questions PDF: (New) Baby Delivery Frequently Asked Questions PDF: (New) Letter to Moms PDF: (New) Pregnancy Frequently Asked Questions PDF: (New) Pregnancy Mental Wellness Frequently Asked Questions PDF: PPE Obstetrics Patient Scenario
Tour some of the childbirth suites at Medical City Dallas:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=4&v=Wj6s25ro1Xg&feature=emb_logo https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-FBbyUkuo2w&feature=youtu.be https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MkR1juVWXtk&feature=youtu.be