It’s perfectly fine to postpone your well-woman exam for a few months. Here’s why.
Now that the AWH Dallas office is once again open during regular hours, we’re working hard to schedule and reschedule everyone whose appointments were affected by COVID-19. (See our latest COVID-19-related updates.)
We want to give you some peace of mind regarding scheduled or upcoming wellness exams. If you are feeling well and not having any problems, a wellness exam can certainly wait. Feel free to postpone your well-woman visit for a few months to suit your comfort level as the world deals with the pandemic.
It’s important to remember that if you are having a problem such as a yeast infection, we wouldn’t perform a wellness exam at that time anyway. The wellness exam is a screening and a measurement of baselines, not a treatment visit. If you are having any problems, call us to talk about getting you scheduled for an in-office appointment or a Telehealth visit.
It’s also important to know that waiting three to four months past the one-year mark of your well-woman appointment is no cause for concern. The wellness exam is meant to take place when you are truly well!
Telehealth: A Great Choice For Your Wellness Exam
During a Telehealth visit, you can:
- Check in and ask questions of your doctor
- Manage your prescriptions
- Have thyroid checks
- Talk about your overall wellness, including lifestyle, diet and more
AWH Dallas Patient Portal
Don’t forget that our Patient Portal is a wonderful resource. By using our portal, you can:
- Check lab results and office visit summaries
- View medications and check on refills
- Request appointments
- Email your physician
- Access education, documents and forms
- Share your records
Wellness Visit Reminders:
- If you are feeling well, your wellness exam can be rescheduled or handled via Telehealth.
- Our patient portal is available and is a handy option for refilling prescriptions, asking questions of your doctors and more.
We’re doing our best to get in touch with patients about rescheduling, so keep an eye out for an email from us. Check our website and social media for updates, and don’t hesitate to call us with any questions.
We are constantly evaluating ways to provide better service and maintain a safe environment for our staff and patients. Thank you for your patience and loyalty during these unprecedented times.