Learn How To Take Practical Steps To Heal Nutrient Deficiency
Women can have a myriad of strange things going on within their bodies at any given time. Yet they’re not always the best at taking care of themselves, including eating right. Women tend to put themselves behind the needs of the husband, the kids and even the dog.
If women are feeling tired, sick, crampy, have skin issues or just don’t feel normal, they often overlook these symptoms as part of normal life. But, the reality is it could be a nutrient deficiency. We’ll let you guess how many women will take the time to get tests run.
Conveniently, Advanced Women’s Healthcare patients can now take better care of themselves while they’re at our offices through a simple, easy blood test.
Advanced Women’s Healthcare introduces micronutrient testing, a new service that paints a clear picture of the nutrients in which patients are deficient and provides practical solutions for giving their bodies the nutrients they need to feel better.
The test assesses how well the body utilizes 33 vitamins, minerals, amino/fatty acids and antioxidants, diving all the way down to the cellular level for a clear picture of a woman’s deficiencies. The test conveys the body’s need for the micronutrients that enable the body to produce enzymes, hormones and other substances essential for proper growth, development and optimal health.
Micronutrient testing is a great choice for patients who are having trouble with their thyroid or are struggling to find the right weight loss solution.
The test is provided through SpectraCell.
Common Symptoms of Nutrient Deficiencies: Do You Experience These?
- Weight gain
- Poor thyroid function
- Cracking, scaling skin
- Digestive problems
- Sleep problems
- Loss of appetite
- Weight loss
- Tingling or numbness in the hands and feet
- Poor memory
- Premature graying
- Wound healing issues
- Night blindness
- Immune function
- Muscle spasms and cramps
- Tooth decay
- Excessive bleeding and bruising
How Do Nutrient Deficiency Tests Work, And How Long Do Results Take?
Patients interested in micronutrient testing can take the test every six months. Results are returned within about four weeks, at which time they’ll have a consult with their doctor to review the results and determine treatment options. Advanced Women’s Healthcare has a variety of supplements available to get certain treatments started right away.
Do Medications Affect My Body’s Micronutrient Health?
Prescription Medications Could Be Depleting Your Nutritional Status
Many common prescriptions and even over-the-counter medications can interfere with the nutrients your body needs to sustain health.
- Some antacids can cause nutrient deficiencies that lead to fatigue, depression, muscle weakness, hair loss, tooth decay and other symptoms.
- Some antibiotics can cause nutrient deficiencies that lead to gas, bloating, sleep disturbances, fatigue and other symptoms.
- Some cholesterol drugs can cause nutrient deficiencies that lead to weak immune system and low energy.
- Some anti-depressants can cause nutrient deficiencies that lead to cardiovascular problems, low energy and problems with skin, eyes, mucous membranes and nerves.
- Some female hormones, including birth control, can cause nutrient deficiencies that lead to depression, irritability, memory loss, weakness, sexual dysfunction, poor wound healing and other symptoms.
Here’s a look at how the micronutrient testing provided by Advanced Women’s Healthcare stacks up against other types of nutritional tests.
Talk to your doctor about micronutrient testing to determine whether it’s a good fit for you. Any questions? Reach out to us.